Thursday, October 4, 2012

Stop and Admire the Leaves


It seems like every year I get so wrapped up in my life and the things that I need to get done, that I miss the beautiful changing leaves that God paints the landscape with every autumn. Too often, I only stop to notice when the crunching caused by my footsteps on a thick layer of the colorful foliage becomes too loud to ignore. It is then that I look up and see the trees wagging their bare branches at me in the wind like a teacher shaking her finger at an inattentive student. Well, not this year! This year, I’m prepared! This year, I’m going to notice! It may be too late to stop and smell the roses, but it’s not too late to stop and admire the leaves.

Amber Glow

Red and yellow painted leaves
hang idly within the trees
They break and sail along the breeze
As fires of Autumn's time

They dance and surf upon the ground
Overlap each other with ruffling sound
A setting I am glad I found
As fires of Autumn's time
The grey clouds break, the sun appears
The dancing leaves appear to sere
These flames its kept for many years
As fires of Autumn's time

Wesley Mincin

2 comments: